String Art Workshop at Craft MNL


I am not that too artsy when it comes to hand-making. Crafting is not really my thing though. But when I heard about DMC's stringed art workshop, I hurriedly registered in without any hesitations.


I just want to experience it. I know it's fun. It is also a part of my bucket list. Trying new things that never been done before. So I got excited when I received an email regarding my slot for the workshop. yey! ticking off my bucket list coz another wish will be granted.


Before the class started, they informed us about the DOs and DONTs for everyone's safety. Everything was provided by DMC naman. One thing that made me more excited was when I found out that Ms.Marielle Nadal is going to be our teacher. She's from CRAFTS MNL. She showed us first a quick powerpoint presentation of her works. I really mesmerized by her artworks. I wish I had a creative hands like Ms. Marielle. Lol



GAME TIME! So, it was a basic "make-your-own-stringed-art" for us, begginers.
Tip: the more curvy, the more beautiful it may become.
   

String art, or pin and thread art, is characterized by an arrangement of colored thread strung between points to form abstract geometric patterns or representational designs such as a ship's sails, sometimes with other artist material comprising the remainder of the work. Thread, wire, or string is wound around a grid of nails hammered into a velvet-covered wooden board. Though straight lines are formed by the string, the slightly different angles and metric positions at which strings intersect gives the appearance of B├ęzier curves.


My on the spot pattern that time was the initial of my name, which is M. hehe :) It took me so long before I finished the pattern because hammering was not that easy. I had a hard time forming a curvy one beacause I might not finish it with the alloted time. So I decided to make it with lines nalang.. easy peasy! lol.
 
TADAAAAA! the finish product <3

Thank you so much, DMC and Craft MNL for letting me experience a workshop like this! One for the books! another wish granted. yey :)
 







♥ SUGAR DREAMS x MONICA ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say something.